NEW Theatre cards and Weather – Playtest please

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies NEW Theatre cards and Weather – Playtest please

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Renko
    Participant

As part of the Air Strike supplement we (Andy C and his playtest group) are looking at making weather more important in historical games. When players are selecting theatre cards in historical games one card per side MUST be an applicable weather card. Where there is a clash of incompatible weather cards dice to see which takes precedence. Note Arctic Conditions and Tropical Conditions are NOT weather cards and cannot be countered by using the Met Office card. We would like players to try them out and report back. Cheers

Nat
    Participant

Is there a list of where the various cards can be found please?

Koin-Koin

I may be wrong but I am convinced that the airstrike supplement will include some (if not all) of the required cards to play the scenarios.
    Regarding the weather related ones, as it’s a new kind of cards, they should definitely part of the package.

Edit: BTW, the storm clouds weather cards seems to be unnecessary mentioned in both the axis and allied columns for Mediterranean 1943-45 as it is already in the weather cards column.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Koin-Koin.
    Renko
    Participant

Hi – its not a new kind of card, its just a new way of using existing (or planned) cards – good spot on Storm clouds – thats “version control” I think

I cant comment on the contents of Air Strike as it’s still to be decided.

Nat
    Participant

@Koin-koin – I’m asking for now, not release…
    as theres a few cards in that list that I dont recognise (I only have the starter, Me109, Yak1,Galand, white rose, Falcon sqn & johnny red).

I find its a bit hard to fully test something if your wondering how it will interact with some elements included.

@Renko
    – there is a *next to ‘telegram from Stalin’ card without an explanation as to what the * means. I think its for pointing out that its Soviet only, is that right?

Also … ah if some of the cards in the lists are to be released that might be some of my confusion.

Koin-Koin

@Nat sorry for missing your point. My post was a general observation.
    I’m not part of the ‘first circle’*, just a forum member trying to share his thoughts.

Your point is pretty relevant to me. Not everyone goes full throttle on the BRS releases.

*Just a wording, no scorn intended 😅

Renko
    Participant

Hi Nat – yes “Telegram..” is the only card so far restricted by nationality

Renko
    Participant

Updated Version with some explanation about Numbers etc

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Renko.
    Cat Shot One
    Participant

So “Jamming” is re-named to “Radar Jamming” or is the card function changing also?

Renko
    Participant

Iirc its a counter to radar support

Cat Shot One
    Participant

Say again? (“lirc”?)
    Sorry, I can’t make a connection to my question.

Renko, by the way, are you also following the thread on the D-Day campaing?
    https://www.warlordgames.com/community/forum/historical/d-day-campaign/
    There aer quite a couple of questions on the new scenarios. Perhaps you have some insights that could be of help there also?

Nat
    Participant

IIRC – If I recall Correctly.

Renko is saying that as far as he can remember the ‘Jamming’ card is to negate the effects of ‘Radar Support’ card.

Cat Shot One
    Participant

Oh, I see. The capital I put me off.

Anyway, I know the text of “Jamming”. It’s not listed in the chart posted above to my surprize. Instead there is an entry “Radar Jamming” (and “Radio Jamming”). Hence my original question:

Is “Jamming” re-named “Radar Jamming” or is the card function changing also?
    Or a typo?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.