New Scenario from Andy Chambers

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies New Scenario from Andy Chambers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Renko
    Participant

OK everyone, your Game Designer Needs You! Sort of anyway. Andy Chambers has been locked away in his garret working on the new “Air Strike” supplement. We’re keen to get some feedback and any comments or concerns before we lock this down and send it to print, so Andy thinks it would be a good idea to share some of the scenarios here with the members. So here you go – Scenario 10 – Front Lines. This is designed to be played on a 4×4 with 1 player per side, so yes there is an eye on a possible tournament pack in future. It will of course work with more than one player a side too. It is still a draft, and is missing a couple of elements that are getting added later, such as Flak and Terrain – more on those will be revealed when we get closer to publication, but it is still playable as it is. As a bonus there are two new variations available, “Support our Troops! (or Boats!) which is designed to allow BRS to be played alongside either Bolt Action or Cruel Seas, and “The Spotter”, which introduces a new objective in the way of an annoying artillery spotter who will need either removing or protecting. One point that should be stressed, the Air Strike scenarios are designed to be played without either Numbers or Home Advantage Theatre cards. Anyway, please give it a try and feedback below. Cheers!

Koin-Koin

Thanks for sharing it here. It seems to be quite an interesting expansion to the core game.

There’s one point I’m wondering about.
    When playing the spotter variant (or with a laden planed ending disadvantaged), as the “Climb for advantage” action is not possible, are they still able to reach the neutral position by flying through clouds?

Another thing, which is more pure curiosity, the laden pane reduce the pilot skill by one. Wouldn’t it be more logical to reduce the plane agility stat by one?
    I suppose it is in the game’s interest as it is less impacted by this change.

Renko
    Participant

Spotter – yes – but they have to be low to spot – I’ll speak to Andy

Renko
    Participant

Andy has updated this scenario to include the new Flak and Terrain modules

Nat
    Participant

reading through the scenario I have a question on the wording.

“No additional Boom chit <snip>when one of their aircraft is shot down<snip>”

Now this can be read as when the 1st aircraft is shot down or when ANY aircraft is shot down. Which is it?

Renko
    Participant

I dont think it reads as the first, it just says one of – ie Any – basically getting shot down on your side of the lines only costs one boom as you have a good chance of being safe

Nat
    Participant

When I first read it, I took it to be the 1st one only. :p

As in one casualty ignores the boom chit, the second one shot down doesnt.

However a subsequent read made me think that it was the wrong way or reading it so I asked.

Renko
    Participant

No problem – with hindsight I see why you could get turned around.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.