Nebelwerfer question

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Nebelwerfer question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Never used one or seen one used. By reading the rules, do you pick a target point or a target unit and roll the d6? Then due to the multiple launch rule, do you roll another d6 for each unit within 6″ of that target point or that target unit? One of my biggest issues is the ambiguity of the rules in indirect fire. Is it a point on the board or a unit itself that fire gets based on? Makes a huge difference and can be a major subject of contention during the game

Nat
    Participant

ok my read of the rules is this:

multiple launch rule is several steps
    i, pick a target
    ii, place the 3″ template – check that no friendly units are within in 6″ of the template – if yes shot is wasted, & see which enemy units are within that 6″ radius.
    iii, one unit at a time roll to hit enemy units identified in steps i & ii that are outside of min range. and work out number of hits and damage as normal.

According to the FAQ, yes you can target buildings (as normal with indirect fire in the hope of destroying them)

If you target a unit in a building or an empty building with a multiple launcher, how do you work out how many templates hit the building?
    When firing a multiple launcher against a unit in a building (or an empty building), measure the 6″ for additional targets from the building itself. Note that only one of the rockets can hit each building, even if it includes multiple enemy units on different floors. Then resolve a normal indirect fire heavy mortar shot on each target. You cannot fire if any potential target building includes any friendly units.

Mike
    Participant

So there are multiple opportunities to hit even though you have to roll no better than a 6 each time to do it. I have found against me, 6s come up with frightening regularity. A big building is going to have a very large area of effect as well.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Mike.
    Nat
    Participant

Correct, each unit & building* is rolled against once…

If you have two units in one building then you still only roll once against the building…. and being an indirect weapon you have to see if the shell explodes on each floor, only auto exploding on the ground. (pg 125)

*As per the building rules some people may define large physical buildings as multiples ‘rules buildings'(pg 122)… each ‘rules building’ should only cover a 6″ square area – mainly to stop teleporting infantry :p

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.