Luftwaffe reinforcements spotted

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies Luftwaffe reinforcements spotted

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Cat Shot One
    Participant
    Nat
    Participant

wow…. although disapointed that there is no Soviet pack…(although wouldnt be surprised if its comes later at a different cost as due to lend-lease it will be larger than the rest….)

Koin-Koin

Interesting too that Corsairs and associated aces are on the list.

Regarding Soviet, I noticed that cruel seas already have Il-2 available (Corsair too by the way) so we may expect it later.

Nat
    Participant

Koin, and the stuka’s which are on the pre-order… infact the oddity is the Me410s…

unless they are going to be releasing some night fighter scenarios… I mean the Defiant, Mosquito & beaufighter where RAF night fighters & the blenhiem and mosquito night bomber. Put those against ME110’s & Me410s with Do17s & JU88s (which was both night fighter & night bomber)… you’ve got a fair bit of variety going on…

PO-2s for the Soviets anyone??? :p

Koin-Koin

Don’t forget that the Bismarck was torpedoed by biplanes 😁

Renko
    Participant

I would not worry about the Soviets – there was supposed to be a Soviet release (Falcon Squadron) in February but that got delayed. It was a tie in with Rebellion as part of the licence they have for comic stuff, and is a mixed set based on the comic strip Johnny Red from the Battle comic in the 80s. I understand that is getting rescheduled for release “soon” and has La5s, MiG3s etc, plus a plastic Hurricane Ace (Redburn). Ok its fictitious but the planes are usable and real. All metal except the Ace

There are also planned releases for the Soviets later in the year. In fact the “Super Secret Release Schedule” has stuff every month til November split across all the factions

Cat Shot One
    Participant

Argh, metal, oh no. Such a vicious word!

Koin-Koin

Yep. I prefer to store plastic planes. Less paint scratch risk.
    And less custom bases to make.

nmcabecadas
    Participant

I prefer plastic planes, then resin and finally metal. Thankfuly, I still have plastic models to buy while waiting for new models also in plastic 🙂

Koin-Koin

Ju-87D, Me 410 and FW190D officially announced for the end of the month.

Koin-Koin

Ok, I red the news a bit quickly. Those are for end of April.

Cat Shot One
    Participant

Great to have some Stukas! I envied the Cruel Seas mob for that before.
    I hope “Air Strike” will give bombers more of an active fun-to-fly role instead being straight flying turkeys.
    Looking forward to finding out what the card packs will add.

Koin-Koin

News letter just strike my mailbox.
    All of them are metal.
    I may rethink my wish list with less of them :/
    On the good news, they come in bundles with squadron specific decals.

Cat Shot One
    Participant

Metal, nooooooo!
    Just read it in parallel. We are doomed…

Mark Barker
    Participant

I think you have got to get used to all of Warlord’s future releases being metal, which is a real shame because the 110 plastics were lovely.

Although I’ve been waiting for Stukas (because the Battle of Brtain lack something without a Stuka Party) these ones are going to need a bit of work (like the 109Es) that I am less practiced in than I am in plastic.

I’ll wait until I see a sample unpainted photo before I plunge in.

The Spit IXs are a different matter, it takes a lot of work to convert a Mk I to a IX so I’ll try those as my first foray into metal.

Mark

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.