Kradschützen M/Cycle Sidecar Squad

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Kradschützen M/Cycle Sidecar Squad

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dennis Aussie
    Participant

I would like to know how I can incorporate some Kradschützen Squads into an Army List.   In the Armies of Germany Army List Book the Kradschützen are listed as an Infantry Unit, but nowhere, in any of the Army Lists, does it show that I can use a Kradschützen Squad.   The Lists show which units are available for each theatre, but again, no Kradschützen.   The only reference that I can find is the use of ONE Motorcycle with MG Sidecar as a Recon choice (but it seems, not more than one Motorcycle).   In the Army List Book the Kradschützen Unit shows an NCO + 5 men with the option to add an LMG for +20 points.   Very confusing.   So does my Recon choice consist of only one Motorcycle and Sidecar and if so, how many points is it worth?   How can I use the Kradschützen Squad, as it was intended, for example, with an Aufklärungs Gruppe (which is another unit that doesn’t seem to exist in the Army List Book 🤨)?

Can someone please clarify.

Cheers,
    Dennis

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

“…but nowhere, in any of the Army Lists, does it show that I can use a Kradschützen Squad.”

Kradschützen squads are in most of the early war theatre selectors under the 0-4 infantry squads. Example,

AoG p 81, Infantry, 0-4 Infantry Squads: Heer Infantry squads, Kradschützen squads or a maximum of 1 Heer Pioneer squad.

Dennis Aussie
    Participant

Thanks, sorry I forgot to say for use in North Afrika.   Still doesn’t specify the cost of one M/Cycle and MG Sidecar.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Dennis Aussie.
    Nat
    Participant

As far as I can tell, the cost of a M/C + sidecar is covered in the cost of upgrading to motorbikes

IE you can put 10 guys on 5 motorbikes or 5 with 5 sidecars or 10 motorbikes… its all the same cost.

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

The unit entry is Campaign Western Desert, p92.

The unit comes with 2 sidecar combinations and 4 men. You can add two pillion passengers that go on the existing combinations. You can also add a single man on a motorbike. You can replace one man’s rifle with a LMG – that’s the only way you get an MG sidecar in the KRADSCHÜTZEN M/CYCLE SIDECAR SQUAD. The other way to get an MG sidecar is the armoured car entry for AoG, which is treated as a vehicle rather than a squad.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.