Just starting – army building questions

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Just starting – army building questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mbowsher76
    Participant

My local gaming store is getting ready to start playing Bolt Action and so we all have a lot of questions. I understand that the normal game size is 1000 points. I am trying to figure out the best way to order an army to get to 1000 points. Can you tell me on average how many points come in those army boxes? I am looking at the US Army box (the one that comes with like 36 troops, a Sherman and a half-track and a few other things). Is there a good source for list building and help in early purchase suggestions for new players? Thank you!

Nat
    Participant

The warlord starter armies have a 1K list included…. they often have a couple of models left over.

As a rough guide go to wg.easyarmy.  com (space left out) – however there are a couple of list errors & it contains units / Theater lists from ALL the armies of… books and the campagin books.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Nat.
    mbowsher76
    Participant

Great thank you for letting me know that. Seems like I can get playing with just the one box for now!

Jacob Carter
    Participant

Couple things I’d recommend building with the kit that I’m not sure are on the list on the box would be a bazooka team and Forward Air Observer.

You’ll probably face a lot of heavy armor if you go against Germans so the AT option of a bazooka will be valuable and the Americans have a faction rule allowing them two call in 2 air strikes instead of 1

You can easily build those with the plastic infantry so you won’t need to buy anything else to make those

mbowsher76
    Participant

Thanks for that info. I can’t wait to begin building these guys and playing!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.