Its So Difficult to Hit

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies Its So Difficult to Hit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark Prichard
    Participant

So we played a game last night and it seemed so difficult to actually hit an enemy plane.  At one point in the game I had 3 Spitfires trailing a Folke-Wulf for round after round, it was disadvantaged the entire time so I fired at it 8 times.  I either missed or when I hit my opponent saved with a 6.  Is that how this game is suppose to be played?

Nat
    Participant

Dont forget that if you hit the opponent takes a boom chit… boom chits win games not shooting down planes (although that helps :p)

EG you hit, opponent takes a boom chit they then try and save the damage (lose of advantage level)… when boom chits = planes +1 then they run away.

Renko
    Participant

Hi Mark

Cant really comment without knowing the planes and pilot skills. Where you playing to a points total?

Just speculating from now on but……….

If you have poor pilots and a low FP landing a hit can be problematic- particularly against a Robust opponent like an FW, however even then he should burn through his “Robust” cards pretty quick. Also I cant comment on your dice rolls – sometimes you are unlucky or your opponent is lucky

However remember every time you hit you generate a Boom chit , which cannot be dodged, and if they accumulate to the point there are more than surviving planes the enemy breaks off and you win. If you are playing a standard 500 points game a FW190A is potent but expensive at 47 points. That means the German player can either have a full six plane Squadron but only 14 skill levels between them all, or less planes and better pilots. The equivalent Spitfire II OR Vb Squadron can happily take six planes and have 18 skill levels, meaning the FWs are going to be automatically outmanoeuvred an awful lot. The FW player can counter this by only taking 5 planes and getting  16 skill levels but he is still at a disadvantage in manoeuvre and  has reduced his boom threshold by 1 to only 5.

If you want to get some tactical tips and are on FB can I suggest joining the Blood Red Skies Ready Room and asking there ? There will be folks there who will be happy to chat.

Cheers

Mark Prichard
    Participant

Ahh, we were giving boom chits only after the opponent had a chance to save.  That may explain why it was so hard.

Nat
    Participant

ah yeah…. that would increase the difficulty some what…

Renko
    Participant

Yes – think of Boom Chits as “significant emotional events” such as 20mm cannon shells passing your cockpit 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.