First game… Questions

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action First game… Questions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carsten
    Participant

Hello!

Yesterday i have played the first game of Bolt action with the figures from the starter set.

So there were some questions, that came up:

1. The Hanomag uses the HE-Munition. If the attacked unit decides to go down as the reaction, will the to-hit-throw be modified with -2, because the target unit is down? Will all the potential modifiers apply?

2. I have the german rulebook and the germany army book. The Buzzsaw-Rule says in the rulebook, that it is also valid for lmg and mmg on a vehicle. The army book says, that it is not valid for lmg and mmg on a vehicle. What is right?

3. If a vehicle decides to move backward, is it a run order or can it also be an advance order? so that the vehicle can still fire?

Thanks very much and greetings from germany!

Master Chief
    Participant

I hope you had lots of fun in your first game.

1. Yes, there is -2 to hit.

2. From the German Army book 2nd Edition, it applies to both:

HITLER’S BUZZ SAW

German-made machine guns, but in particular the lethal MG42, are vastly superior to their enemies’ and rightly feared by Allied infantrymen. German light and medium machine guns fire one extra shot. Note that this applies to all light and machine guns, both those carried by infantry units and vehicle-mounted ones.

3. From Page 1 of the latest Warlord FAQ:

Page 103, Reverse Moves paragraph. A vehicle can reverse straight backwards, without any pivots, at up to half its standard Advance rate unless it is a recce vehicle (see page 118). Vehicles cannot mix forward and backward movement in the same turn – either you move forward, or you reverse.

The vehicle can be given either a Run or Advance order to reverse, but can only reverse up to half its Advance rate. If given an Advance order to reverse, it should be able to fire.

Carsten
    Participant

thanks very much for the answers. It was a really fun game (but my american mmg was killed in the first round, because the other one throwed to 6s with the damage throw :/)

I think i have an older german army book or there was an error with translating it….

But it helps very much,

Thanks!

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

“I think i have an older german army book” – This is entirely possible – does your Armies of Germany book have ‘second edition’ under the Bolt Action logo on the front cover?  If not, it’s the first edition book which was replaced in 2016 (Germany is the only army that they felt needed a second edition book to balance it’s national rules with the other major powers).

Carsten
    Participant

So i think i have the first edition from the german army book. Maybe the second isnt translated. Hope there are not too many differences.

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Looks like you’re right, the only German language edition on the web store looks to be the first edition cover, no sign of a translated second edition:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.