Firing from Building

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Firing from Building

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Timo
    Participant

Hi, I‘m not sure anymore if the rules for firings from a building were changed in the past Errata.

-Does it still counts that only 2 figures for each opening can fire? Can I only fire from one side or can the unit fire from all the sides of the building?

-With the latest HE against building errata, does the modifier „small team“ count as modifier?

All the best,

Tim

Nat
    Participant

1 – yes, 2 from each openeing
    1b – I’ll need to double check… but I think normal targeting rules apply … ie doesnt matter which side of the building you are looking out of, but you have to all target the same thing unless you have a 1 shot (or limited shot) weapon – or Indirect, but thats a different issue :p

2 – short answer is HE ignores the cover modifier of the building the unit is in… thats it ….everything else still applies*, so shooting through a wood would still give the target unit soft cover (this is normally ignored because of the buildings hard cover)
    *small team, down, terrain in the way, pins on firing unit etc etc

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

As Nat says for 1a and 2, 1b there is specific provisions for units in buildings to split fire – all models shooting from a particular side of the building must target the same unit unless they have another provision to split fire (one shot, indirect fire weapon).  See p123 Buildings, Shooting from Buildings, first para, fourth sentence.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.