Finnish Master of the Hunt Rule

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Finnish Master of the Hunt Rule

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Charles
    Participant

Hoping someone can clarify the Finnish Master of the Hunt rule. It reads:

“Master of the Hunt: as very experienced hunters, the Sissi can move into an Ambush position. In other words they are allowed to make an advance move and if they do not shoot then the Sissi can turn their dice to Ambush.”

In a recent game, I had a US medium howitzer in ambush. A Finnish Sissi squad declared it was advancing and going into ambush. I declared I was shooting at it needing a 4 or better as it was at long range, but no cover. I argued that the ambush rule says I interrupt the enemy at any point I want firing at it while it was moving and that it could not be in ambush while advancing forward. That happens at the end of its movement.

He argued that going into ambush was part of the move and that at any point I fired, he was already in ambush and could then flip his dice to Down making the shot a 6 to hit. I pointed out this would mean he’s advancing in ambush. Is that the intent of being a master of the hunter, the ability to sneak up slowly ready to ambush?

Nat
    Participant

no… the Finns are on an advance order, at the end of movement instead of firing they swap the dice to AMBUSH

your ambush works on their movement… they are not on an ambush dice so cant go down.  More to the point even IF they could  they would stop in the open!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Nat.
    Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Agree with Nat – “In other words they are allowed to make an advance move and if they don’t shoot then the Sissi can turn their dice to Ambush.”  They are on an Advance order up until the moment they decide not to shoot and turn their dice to Ambush.  That means they are not on an Ambush when moving, they can’t react by going down.

Nat
    Participant

And so we come back to an old complant ….that is the mixing of fluff and rules together in what should be a rules paragraph, I mean if the fluff/backgroup part was in italics then it would be easier to see whats rules and whats not!

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

… or the one sentence that’s actually the rule in the paragraph be in bold (preceded by fluff, followed by example, both of which have been mistaken for rules).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.