feldjager and feldjandarmerie question

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action feldjager and feldjandarmerie question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pavel
    Participant

Good day, in road to berlin there are 2 units with chained dogs rules- feldjandarmerie and feldjager, both have the option to be mounted on bikes with lmg to be mounted on a side car….
    but there is no option to take lmg,
    so the question is can i take lmg for theese units? cant find them in faq or errata.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by pavel.
    invisible officer
    Participant

The latest (?) rules for them are in Battle of the Bulge Campaign book p. 43/44

The Feldgendarmerie has rifles , NCO and up to 3 men can have SMG The can get pistols too at 1 pt each.

In Feldjäger any man can have a SMG at + 3 pts
    NCO and up to 1 man can have a Sturmgewehr at additional +5pts.
    Pistols 1 pt each.
    1 man can have a LMG at +20 pts, a Rifleman becomes loader
    And 1 man can have a Panzerfaust at + 5pts
    —–

Feldjäger are formed from November 43 on, so no use in Scenarios before. Minimum requirement for a Feldjäger was 3 years combat unit front servie and Ironn cross class II

The Gendarm was a former civil policeman or Long serving NCO

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Are those the units on p22-23? If so, there is an FAQ for them in the 18 September 2019 FAQ/Errata (which should be an errata instead, IMO).

“Pages 22 and 23. I took interest in the new motorcycle units. But as I read their options they comment that any lMG is considered to be on a motorcycle with sidecar. But I don’t see the option for the unit to buy the LMG. So I was wondering if that was something that was missed and needs errata saying they can take one or two at 20pts or something.

It is indeed a mistake, the squads can indeed buy up to two LMGs at +20pts each.”

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

They should also have another entry in their special rules line – “Motorbikes: a mounted unit uses the motorbikes rules (see rulebook)” or words to that effect.

invisible officer
    Participant

Feldjäger and Feldgendarmerie can buy motorcycles but are not forced to do so.
    So any “lMG is considered to be on a motorcycle with sidecar” is not mandatory for them.

The Special rules in Bulge book alow Feldjäger ONE LMG.

They are Police, not just another type of Kradschützen.

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Original question:

“Good day, in road to berlin…

Battle of the Bulge entry does not answer the question.

Specifying that particular weapons are mounted on sidecars does nothing without an accompanying special rule to give that an effect – sidecar mounted weapons being able to fire on an advance was first edition, specifically deleted in second.

pavel
    Participant

ok thank you all for clarification found faq on them …which i missed first time

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.