Does anyone else enjoy campaigns?

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Does anyone else enjoy campaigns?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul Nettle
    Participant

During the first UK lockdown I started a 1941 solo Eastern Front campaign.   During the campaign my armies expanded – a lot, giving me lots of painting to do.

Now lockdown is over the games are played at the club or just with friends – and I think the campaign is just about over.  After 24 turns and 12 battles, the camapign is stutting to a halt.

Is anyone else playing a long campaign?

If you want to see some pictures (and maps) from my campaign you can see more at https://paulwargaming.blogspot.com/

Paul Nettle
    Participant

I guess it is only me then

Kar98k
    Participant

I’m sure there are others.

As for myself, I like a good campaign that links games together. That is, losses and gains in one game carry over to the next.

You had mentioned solo play. For this, I really recommend looking into a system called “Platoon Forward” by Joseph Legan. Believe it or not, it works really well with Bolt Action.

Bob A-T
    Participant

No, you’re not the only one.  Currently playing through the Fortress Budapest campaign.

If you’re interested have a look here.

Paul Nettle
    Participant

Thanks Gents.  Well, my solo campaign was due to lockdown in the UK.   The early battles were solo, now the battles are multi-player battles.  Depending on forces, two, three or four players can play each battle.  Battle 14 in my campaign is due tomorrow at my wargames club – me taking the Romanians against Bob and Phil doing the Soviets.  Losses do carry over in my campaign, but both sides get some Replacements (troops lost who actually survived plus locally allocated replacements) and at the end of each turn both sides get to build Reserves.  I am thinking of wrapping my camapign up now – it is up to Turn 27; but that depends on any new UK lock-down restrictions.  If anyone is interested in my campaign rules PM me.  Oh, and Bob A-T I really like your Fortress Budapest posts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.