Cover question

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Cover question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tim Moreau
    Participant

I did take a look in the rulebook, and perhaps I didn’t fully comprehend what truly was an answer in front of me, but my question is, say you are firing at a 10 man squad behind hard cover (all other to-hit mods left out). Out of the 10 man squad, I can only actually see in my LOS 4 of them as 6 are completely hidden from view. How is this treated? Can I only direct my squad’s fire at those 4 men I can see? Or can I still role to hit all ten?

Thanks in advance!

Greg S
    Participant

You could hit all 10.

But perversely only 4 can fire back, I believe.

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

You roll to hit the unit, not individual models in the unit. This is why cover is assessed on whether you can clearly see at least half of they unit, not on a model by model basis.

Each model that can draw a line of fire to an enemy model fires, measuring range to the closest visible enemy model (see p53, Shooting, Measure Range and Open Fire).

Once you score hits, you roll to damage – each kill results in a casualty removed, those models removed can come from anywhere in the unit, not just those you can draw line of sight to (see p58, Shooting, Target Takes Casualties, third para).

It doesn’t matter if your whole unit is firing at a single visible model – the whole unit that model belongs to is vulnerable if casualties are scored.

Tim Moreau
    Participant

Thanks guys, this is most helpful. Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.