Brothers In Arms Pin Indicator

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Brothers In Arms Pin Indicator

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cliff C
    Participant

I’m new to BA so still building up. I like the pin marker rules and I’ve noted the different ways people mark with multiple markers or dials or D6 holders on Etsy.

Maybe it’s because I’m a dumb Marine but I like visual gauges and I was reminded of the WW2 video game Brothers In Arms because suppressing was integral to gameplay.  They had a gauge over the Germans that gradually turned red when you had sufficiently pinned them down. I was screwing around and made some rudimentary pin gauges that you can rotate based on number of pins. Is this a good thing or nah?  I know people can be picky about what they’d put on table.

• This topic was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Cliff C.
    Kar98k
    Participant

Hi Cliff, and welcome to the Bolt Action group.

I like what you did with your BA dials. Funny how a lot of gamers think alike. Back when I first started, I too had made some similar dials to you did, but yours look nicer!

Later though, I started to use markers that would blend in better with the game’s models and figures. You know, it was now about the aesthetics and all that. Also, a couple of members in our club were making some really nice ones. Even better, I won a set of these in a club contest, so I started using them.

I don’t have any pictures of the BA dials we use, but I found a couple on the web that look a lot like what we use.

The bottom picture doesn’t have the flocking and stuff to make it match the figure’s bases, but it is probably the closest to what we use.

That being said, your dials look nice, and I really like how you have marked out the veteran, regulars, and green breakpoints, and to answer your questing if this is this a good thing or nah, it is a matter of perspective and what you and your fiends like. However, I have found that smaller markers are more convenient than larger ones. If that helps.

Cliff C
    Participant

Copy all Kar98k.  Thanks for the welcome and feedback. I’ve been voraciously watching YouTube batreps to get an idea of the flow of the game.  I think I heard someone say they prefer not seeing  brightly colored artificial objects on their nice well modeled tables so I get your preference for something flocked and more discrete.  Cheers!

Cliff C
    Participant

Just realized this game’s been around for many years so kind of silly for a noob to think anything was new. LOL.

Find’em Fix’em Flank’em Finish’em

Kar98k
    Participant

Just realized this game’s been around for many years so kind of silly for a noob to think anything was new. LOL.

You will be surprised. Sometimes you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.