Bolt Action Product Improvements

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Bolt Action Product Improvements

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    LostComms
    Participant

I have started this thread to help Warlord Games to improve their Bolt Action products.

This is a list of my suggested improvements:
    – Include a fourth gunner in the Soviet ZIS-3 blister pack. The rules state a crew of four, but only three crew are included in the blister.
    – Remove the sniper from the Soviet Scout squad blister, and replace it with a SMG or rifle armed Scout.
    – Include a Soviet Sniper team (in camo smocks) either a an individual blister pack, or add it in the Soviet light mortar and flamethrower team blister pack.
    – Remove the panzerfaust from the Soviet Assault Squad blister, according to the rules it’s not a weapon option.
    – Include a sniper team in the German Heer Panzershrek and Flame thrower blister pack. The sniper team is included in similar blister packs for Heer Winter, Fallschirmjager, and Waffen SS.

Darin
    Participant

The Soviet assault squad got an update which allows 2 soldiers per squad to take panzerfausts

LostComms
    Participant

That’s pretty cool, where is this rule change referenced from?

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

@LostComms – Errata PDF, AoSU section:

“Page 32, Assault Engineer Squad. Add the following option: – Up to two soldiers can have a (captured) panzerfaust in addition to their weapons for +5pts each”

Dr Dave
    Participant

Product improvements:

Uhhhhh – Make a Loyd carrier to tow the 6pdr antitank gun?

Considering they make lots of really really rare German tripe you’d think one of the most common British vehicles might get a look in!

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Are you sure, Dr. Dave?

Airfix had it towed by a universal, I think. 😉

Dr Dave
    Participant

Yes, well if we insist on using Airfix as our reference source we’re all doomed.

You have to have Loyds.

Darrin Zielinski
    Participant

I second this suggestion. The Loyd Carrier was used for the 6 pdr extensively.

Darrin Zielinski
    Participant

I would suggest an improvement in the Armies of Great Britain book paired with a product offering. The Marmon-Herrington Armoured car of any mark is missing from their product line. In the Army Book, the armament for the Mk1/Mk2’s is completely omitted. Since each Mk has a different look, at least the last three need to be offered. Then, the book should be updated to include the missing armament configurations as follows:

Mk I – A single Bren MG in the turret with a hull mounted Bren in the Hull covering the rear arc.
    Mk II (Early) – same as Mk I
    Mk II (late) – Boys AT Rifle with coaxial Bren MG, Pintle mount for Vickers MMG or, very rarely, a Bren MMG
    Mk III – as the late Mk II (this is the most numerous variant produced)
    Mk IIIA – 2 Vickers K MMGs in the turret (the default unit armament)
    Mk IV – 2-pdr, (correctly listed in the unit entry as an upgrade)

Braddoc
    Participant

I would say it would be a good move to add a Boys rifle option in the universal carrier kit.

Also, Warlord already makes a Loyd Carrier.

https://us-store.warlordgames.com/products/carden-loyd-carrier

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Hi Braddoc, but that’s a Carden Loyd. I think Dr. Dave wanted a Loyd. I have heard that a Carden Loyd “couldn’t pull the skin off a custard”. 🙂

Darrin Zielinski
    Participant

I agree they need to add the Boys ATR to the Bren kit.

Note the Carden Loyd is not the same as the Loyd carrier. Check out these sites:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyd_Carrier
    http://www.mapleleafup.net/vehicles/carriers/loyd.html

This carrier was larger than the UC with a longer wheelbase and no armament and used primarily as the tow for the 6-pdr.

The Carden Loyd was an early war tankette that was phase out early but served as the basis form which the UC was developed.

Wesley Myers
    Participant

You do not have to just use Airfix as a reference:

Attachments:
    Dr Dave
    Participant

Mr Stallard himself has replied in another thread and says that a Loyd is in the pipeline.

Charge The Guns
    Participant

… and a Windsor (not sure id half or full?)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.