BM-31-12 Heavy Katyusha Heavy rocket launcher clarification

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action BM-31-12 Heavy Katyusha Heavy rocket launcher clarification

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Simon
    Participant

Hello,

I just wanted to clarify that the “Heavy Rocket Launcher” in V2 fires 4” template.

Rule- “Fires HE (3D6) rockets rather than the usual HE (2D6) rockets. However, to represent the fact that it is so slow to reload, when it fires it immediately suffers D3 pin markers. It must then be given a successful Rally order to reload it before it can be ordered to Fire again.

Thank you
    Simon

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Correct, to convert first edition xDx HE notations to template sizes, you use the “Hits vs targets in buildings” column of the second edition HE chart. See p70, Weapons, Weapon Special Rules, HE (High Explosive), para immediately following the HE chart for confirmation.

Simon
    Participant

Thought as much, Thank you

Mark Prichard
    Participant

I have another question. When it says “it must then be given a successful Rally order to reload it before it can be ordered to Fire again.” Does this mean you have to use an order dice to rally, then wait unit the next turn to place it on fire, or does it mean you if you successfully rally you may also fire on the same turn?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Mark Prichard.
    Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Rallying uses the order for that turn – you can’t fire on a rally order. Once you have successfully given a rally order, it can be ordered to fire in a future turn.

Mark Prichard
    Participant

That is what I thought. Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.