Battle of the Escaut

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Battle of the Escaut

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JohnHotson
    Participant

Hello there, can anybody shed some light on this question. The above scenario awards a free rubber boat to each infantry squad. My opponent saz that each boat gets its own order dice. I argue that the boat is assigned to the squad and thus goes along with the squad. Unlike a free truck, a boat is not able to carry out any independent order without its squad. Any thoughts?

Nat
    Participant

Don’t know what book this is from…

However – are the boats equipment like LMGs or units like a truck (ie do they have a dv, an order rateing (reg or vet etc)) by the sound of if they are equipment and so won’t generate an order die

invisible officer
    Participant

P. 41 should be clear, The boats are connected to the infantry squads. The squad is given the order, not the boat.

Hmm, I was in the Battle of France writing team and we thougt the writing clear. Obviously a mistake.

To have variations in boat rules my suggestion was to have Specials like German Leichtes Sturmboot that came with a Pionier Crew of two. Driver and MG man. But a standard one fits all rule was chosen.

Well, the Escaut crossing was done with “Floßsäcke”, / rubber boats. They came from Depot without a crew. Rowed and steered by the infantry.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.