Battle for the Soviet tractor factory

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Battle for the Soviet tractor factory

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lindsay Bailey
    Participant

I had a cracking game of BA 2 weeks ago. Id finally got a chance to use my factory which I built a few weeks back, I used my early war Germans for this battle. Its the first time we’d done a mission from the Stalingrad book, we had a great time even if my Germans lost. There some more photos on our clubs FaceBook page if anyone wants to see them. https://www.facebook.com/OrkneyWargamesClub

Ian
    Participant

Hi Lindsay,

Looks like a cracking game. It also looks like you have a busy wee club up there.

If you guys ever fancy a weekend in the sun you are more than welcome to join us for a wargames weekend.

From the opposite end of the British Isles

Lindsay Bailey
    Participant

We also having gaming events in the summer and your welcome to join us. We mostly host games for the Shetland and northern Scotland clubs as its a long way to travel. Thankfully there are plenty of other things to do on the island so folks tend to take a few days to enjoy the island as well as our model show & gaming weekends.

Ian
    Participant

Hi Lindsay,

That sounds like a great idea. Do you run wargames weekend right through the summer or only on specific dates?

We are a small club (Max 10 people) based in Guernsey. We fight mainly historical battles we have just finished a BA game for the German invasion of Guernsey……….but in our version the Brits decided to fight it out instead of running away!!! We are now running a SAGA campaign with each member having a different faction. Our big favourites are Brother vs Brother (ACW), Men who would be Kings and  Black Powder. I’m not an IT fan but I think we have a face book page under Bailiwick Wargames Club? But dont quote me on that one.

I’m oroginally from Scotland but never been that far north before.

Kind regards

Ian

Lindsay Bailey
    Participant

Normally we have a weekend gaming event at the end of October and a 1 day gaming event during the summer. Every two years we have a model show and a number of model clubs come up to display at our show. https://www.facebook.com/Orcadesmodelclub For the size of  the island these events are pretty big, sadly with Covid we’ve had to cancel everything and I dont know what we’ll manage to do next year, Iam hopeful we’ll be able to have a summer gaming day. Our club would love it if you guys could travel up to join us! The dates and updates will be on the clubs FB Page, dose your club have a FB page or group? It would be great if our clubs could chat seeing as we’re both island based, I think we’d have a lot in common.

Paul Nettle
    Participant

Looks like a cracking battle, well done indeed.

Ian
    Participant

Hi Lindsay. Look us up. We are the Guernsey Wargames Club.

It would be great to get together but difficult at the moment as you say.

It looks like you have a fairly big membership?

We are all off out tonight for our Christmas meal. So I will tell everyone we’ve been chatting.

Catch you later

Ian

harryb
    Participant

Yeah – there nothing like a good factory melee. …have a peek at our previous post. …Stalingrad factory. …called Big Games – Targe show 2019 …

we did a similar game in a large factory
    http://glasgowwarhog.blogspot.com/2019/

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by harryb.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.