Band of Brothers, check. What to buy now to complete 1000pts for each army?

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Band of Brothers, check. What to buy now to complete 1000pts for each army?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    René
    Participant

Hello, I just got Band of Brothers and I’d like to expand my initial armies, what would you recommend me to buy to get our first 1000pts? What would you recommend, buy or give to someone who is learning the game?, tanks? more infantry? vehicles? artillery? which of them? I’d also like to start collecting soviet army, but I think the Soviet Starter Army is the way to go, so what would you recommend me to buy, thank you

As a beginner I’d appreciate recommendations like:

“For USA:

M10 Wolverine
      M8
      US Army Command”

Or the like, for both armies, thank you in advance.

Nat
    Participant

There are a couple of schools of thought on this….and they will all give you a different answer!

i) dont – just play a few games with the starter box and then work out what you feel you’re missing.
    ii) 1 x major rule – ie have 1 armoured vehicle, one softskin, one indirect fire, an observers a medic, + different types of infantry – so you learn the rules quicker
    iii) Rule of Cool – ie what you like the look of, get that first
    iv) Competative – you might be a beginner in this game, but you want to win!

Now I’m a mix of options 2 & 3…. therefore I’d suggest one or two things from this list:
    -another infantry box
    -Command blister
    -armoured car (puma for the germans!)
    -a medium mortar
    -MMG team (if you cant build from the infantry box)
    -AT /howitzer

Sorry I cant be more specific… I jumped straight in with the soviet starter army (& 2 shermans… got to love lend lease rules :p) but my main used support unit for them is the Zis 3 Medium AT (which also fires as a light howitzer)

Tim Haslam
    Participant

I think rule of cool is the most important from that list.
    Like the model, then get it and try to make it work.
    Play to it’s strengths.
    US have cool late war armoured cars.
    All German armour is cool, but sadly there are more Pumas in bolt action that were actually made in real life!!!
    Go for something different.
    Agreed, the more diverse a force, the more you get to learn.
    Aim for 1200pts then you can swop stuff around.

Greg S
    Participant

Beware of buying a huge amount of models in one go. If you have too much stuff, you can overface yourself and never get started.

Of course as any veteran wargamer knows, when you run out of unpainted models, you die. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.