Assaulting from off the Table

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Assaulting from off the Table

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark Prichard
    Participant

I know that a unit may not assault directly from off the table when coming in from reserve or outflanking. Does that rule apply if your unit is not in reserve but coming on the table as part of the first wave?

I know it does not happen very often, but I just played a game with a Japanese player who forward deployed all his “native irregulars” and then rushed them forward to an objective on my side of the table. I wanted to assault him while the unit was on the objective as my unit moved on the table during the first wave but we decided that I couldn’t do it based upon the section in the rule book about reserves that states you cannot directly assault from off-table. I could nto find where it addressed assaults on the first wave.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Mark Prichard.
    Stuart Harrison
    Participant

You can’t draw LOS from a unit that’s not on the table, so it has no valid targets to declare a charge against.

The prohibition isn’t just in the reserve rules, it’s in the “Top Secret” text box for moving on or off the table, p46, Moving On, end of the third sentence, “… but note that they are not allowed to make an assault upon enemy units in the same turn.”

The statement in the reserve rules is just reinforcing the above general rule for units moving onto the table.

Mark Prichard
    Participant

Ahh, Thank you. I figured we missed it somewhere.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.