Allied rules and limits

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Allied rules and limits

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mannerheim
    Participant

Hello everybody,
    First of all, sorry for my english.
    I have a question. I play a Finnish army and would like to take German mountain fighters, as they fought together in the winter war. Is that even possible? Is there a special rule that I have to consider? How does that look with the points and do I have to take a HQ and two standards for it?
    A well-known saying there is something in the books but unfortunately I have not found anything.
    Can you help me with that?

Nat
    Participant

With the generic platoons there are no allowances for allied units that I’m aware of.

However different theatre selectors do allow other nation units when they fought togther.

I don’t have any of the campaign books (only the USSR book & have read fotress Budapest) so cant say if any are written to allow what you want to field….

Master Chief
    Participant

You have to use the Multinational Force rule found in some of the books like Duel in the Sun or Battleground Europe. Basically it allows a mix of allied nationalities, but per platoon. So you can run a Finnish platoon (minimum 1 Finnish officer and 2 squads) and one German platoon (minimum 1 German officer and 2 squads) with both adding up to be below or equal to the agreed game points e.g. 750 points

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.