Abyssinian/ Ethiopian list.

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Abyssinian/ Ethiopian list.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mick Fletcher
    Participant

I have a force of Ethiopian tribal and regular forces. Wondering where I might look in lists for ideas for shaping up a list. Have plenty of background info but particularly stuck on costing tribal infantry with no firearms.

Nat
    Participant

Going of the Soviet penal battalions rifles are 3 points each.

So a regular with a spear would be about 7… I’d make shields a +1 point upgrade to give them extra protection in assaults /close combat.

Apart from that you’ll find that most units are costed the same across all armies with deployment rules being about +1 point each, extra protection against range is +5 points each.

Then major nations have 4 national rules for free, with minor nations getting two or 3.

Its really the national rules and the theater/ equipment lists that differentiate the nations in this game – not the units themselves.

EDIT – ps look at the generic platoon list in the rulebook as a starting point then take out what the abyssianians never had and expand out what they did to what feels right to you.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Nat.
    Tim Haslam
    Participant

Look at Italian lists too, as they may have troop types you could use.
    Also, I think there may be some in some of Pacific lists?

Tim Haslam
    Participant

The Ethiopian war is an area I’d like to game using the Bolt Action rules…

Mark Prichard
    Participant

I would look to the Japanese bamboo spearmen for examples. They have no firearms and are rated as inexperienced I believe. from there you can add 3 points per man for regular or 6 points for veteran.

There is also a section in the Duel in the Sun supplement about Italian Ethiopian Askari troops. They would be those Ethiopian that fought for Italy during WW2 but it might give you some guidance.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.