The forthcoming Beyond the Gates of Antares narrative supplement, ‘The Battle for Xilos’ features six key new characters who find themselves (for better or for worse) at the heart of the struggle… you’ll soon become very familiar indeed with these antagonists – some of which you may recognise (though ‘The Battle for Xilos’ takes these individuals forward in time, to the events portrayed in the Xilos campaign) – and some will be entirely new to you!
During the build-up to the launch of ‘The Battle for Xilos,’ we’ll be offering a few tantalising previews of what you might expect from the first narrative supplement for Beyond the Gates of Antares… to whet your whistle and offer a primer before final checks of the Drop envelope, and deployment to the battlefields of Xilos…
We’ve previewed four characters over the past couple of weeks… click the links below to take a look;
- Fartok, Leader of the Outcast Revolt
- Commander-in-Chief Josen C3 XEF
- Ghar High Commander Karg 12-40-9
- Amano Harran, Oszoni Freeborn Mercenary Captain
…and today we have another personality to throw-into the mix – this time, for the Boromites…
Boromite Guildess Arran Gestalin
The seventh daughter of Guild Mother Tark Gestalin, herself the seventh daughter of the celebrated Ca’Lotera Gestalin – Arran Gestalin is the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter. Which as anybody knows is a tremendously portentous birthright for a Guildess…
Her clan’s adventures have been variously disastrous, uproarious and violent, as they have pursued occasional employment as mercenary fighters and engineers. These are, of course, roles in which Boromites traditionally excel. Perhaps Arran enjoys the life of a vagrant adventurer too much to settle into the routine job of expanding her clan as any Matriarch should, continuing to lead the piratical band in the fashion of the old Rock Father Lu’Osti.
Having lost their spacecraft in the fight with the Vorl, clan Gestalin have since relied on the offices of the Freeborn for transport and – to a large extent – as a broker for employment.
Most recently, they’ve been pursuing an extremely lucrative contract aboard a ship whose name is recognised far across the Determinate – the Nebula, which flies under the leadership of Freeborn Captain Amano Harran. Both Gestalin and Harran saw the possibilities offered by Xilos quickly – and so the Nebula was diverted to the planet where it succeeded in passing the gate and breaking through the Ghar blockade.
Although Concord and Algoryn forces already had significant forces assembled upon the planet, Gestalin’s small band of Boromites were far better equipped to deal with the subterranean environment of the ancient Builder ruins. In fact, the dangerous, dark and confined tunnels of the undercities were no more than the Boromites were accustomed to. The clan was able to bring its mining equipment and engineering skills to bear exploring and expanding the tunnels system. Soon, despite coming late to the party, the Boromites had uncovered artefacts of several different kinds. Many were mere fossils, fragments of machines or information storage systems that would require careful examination to unveil whatever secrets they possessed. But not all of their discoveries were of this kind. Most significantly, as they explored they were able to locate and unlock a number of stasis chambers…
– IMTEL ERROR – DATASTREAM COMPROMISED – PHASE WIPE INITIALISED –
Gestalin also has in her possession the first functional Builder artefact to have been recovered – the Stasis Key – which is able to time-freeze selective targets, altering the relative position of an object or objects within the time matrix.
– IMTEL ERROR – CRITICAL DATASTREAM MALFUNCTION – SECONDARY PHASE WIPE INITIALISED –
The Battle for Xilos
To read more about Arran Gestalin, the other five characters – and a a trove of other content, including;
– Six new narrative scenarios representing pivotal battles during the battle for Xilos from the first orbital landings to the climax deep below ground as rival forces confront the Builders’ ultimate creation.
– Campaign rules designed to link the games together, providing for character and army bonuses as forces gain experience, and also suitable for turning any sequence of Beyond the Gates of Antares games into a campaign of your own.
– Rules for fighting multi-sided games, games with allied forces, battes with combined armies and further rules for incorporating mercenaries into games of Beyond the Gates of Antares.
– An entire new army, the Ghar Outcast Rebels, complete with it’s own army list and numerous new rebel units, plus two sub-lists representing mercenary Freeborn Adventures and a hireling Boromite Clan.
– New units, weapons and rules for the likes of Isorian Pulse Bikes, Isorian Tsan Ra Troopers, Algoryn Compression Cannons and Bombards, Freeborn Compression Bombards, plus new units for the Ghar Outcast Rebels, including Creeper vehicles, Hybrid Weapon teams, and Flitter Bombs. New equipment, including Synchroniser Drones for Concord, Isorians, Algoryn, Boromites and Freeborn, plus rules for Drop Capsules, Support Drone Landers and Kinetic Barriers which also feature in the campaign.
…head on over to the Warlord webstore and pre-order your copy today to ensure that you don’t miss out!
But that’s not all!
By ordering direct from Warlord Games, you’ll also receive the exclusive ‘Ghar Outcast Black Guard leader’ miniature – not available anywhere else