The most famous wargaming rendition of the Black Powder era is now being updated!
Black Powder II rulebook PDF
Black Powder II rulebook & Special Figure
This book describes the Black Powder game and its various procedures and rules as played by the authors and their friends. The authors’ aim is to enable and encourage the reader to recreate the great battles of the 18th and 19th centuries with armies of model soldiers on the tabletop.
As well as providing for the fundamentals of warfare such as the command of troops, movement on the battlefield, the effects of musketry and artillery, and the role of morale, the book includes numerous examples of further rules allowing the player to tailor games to their own preferences.
In addition, twelve complete examples of Black Powder battles are included, embracing a range of conflicts throughout the period covered.
- Battle of Elixheim – War of the Spanish Succession, 1705
- Battle of Clifton Moor – Jacobite Rising, 1745
- Raid on Fort Ligonier – French and Indian War, 1758
- Battle of Chinsurah – Seven Years’ War, 1759
- Battle of Bunker Hill – American War of Independence, 1775
- Battle of North Point – The War of 1812, 1814
- Quatre Bras – Napoleonic War, 1815
- The Eve of Waterloo – Napoleonic War, 1815
- Battle of Kernstown – American Civil War, 1862
- Battle of Antietam – American Civil War, 1862
- Battle of Dead Man’s Creek – Sioux War, 1876-77
- Action on the iNyezane – Zululand, 1879
Black leatherette cover with gold foil, two golden ribbon bookmarks and golden head and tail bands. Printed endpapers. Full-colour dust jacket with gold foil ornament. Lord Wellington on the cover! Each copy is hand-numbered and signed by Rick Priestley. Only 250 copies in existence!