Where are the Finnish Panzer IV Ausf. J tanks ?

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Where are the Finnish Panzer IV Ausf. J tanks ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Janne Aaltonen
    Participant

In Bolt action the Finnish army selectors have entries for many tanks which Finland had only a a few.  Which is nice I think.
    But the army selectors are missing Panzer IV Ausf. J tanks .
    Finland had 15 of those, in comparison to the 2 of KV-1, which are included in the Finnish selectors.

I’ve seen new units added in errata, so I think this one would be a reasonable addon.

Paul Nettle
    Participant

I made the same comment about the Germans in Case Blue.  But the Starlingrad campaign book has the long-barreled Pz IV in them, so a campaign book on Finland may have them too.  If your gaming group if fine with you using historical tanks then just ask them.  My group is fine with it ie Romanians using captured Sovier armoured cars.  I would also say, don’t hold your breath waiting for an official update.  I pointed out the errata in the Romanian list ages ago, but it has never been updated by Warlord Games.  Still, a Panther tank and Panzerfausts in 1941?  What is not to like!

Janne Aaltonen
    Participant

Is there any campaign books about Finland?   All I Know of is the Armies of Italy and Axis book and then the Ostfront campaign book.
    Ostfront has only covered the Winter war (1939), but other than it does not contain anything about finland during the late war.
    The Road to berlin has a scenario located in Northern Finland, but the parties involed are Germans and Soviets.

Italy and Axis book has a theatere selector for the War in Lapland where the Finnish Panzer IVs were in action, but bolt action does not include them.

Paul Nettle
    Participant

Well, as I said, just ask your opponent if he minds you using historical tanks.  If your opponent is happy, then you can use a historical tank whether it is in the books or not.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.