Wardroom (facebook group) FAQ

Home Forums Historical Victory At Sea Wardroom (facebook group) FAQ

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nat
    Participant

Hi all,

As we’re waiting for the full rulebook to be released, those of us on the facebook group the (Victory at Sea Wardroom) have put together an FAQ with some of the answers comming from the design studio and others from the original Author.

Whilst its unoffical as we’re not Warlord staff we hope that it helps!

Thanks to Craig for allowing me to post this here.

Nat

Enioch
    Participant

Hey, Nat, thanks for compiling this!

I will note that this:

“Can I run some flights as observation planes?  – No, observation planes are only those provided by the Aircraft X trait”

seems to contradict MongooseMatt’s feedback on dakkadakka:
    https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/90/786189.page#10930995

Unless by ‘Observation Planes’ you mean over-the-horizon spotting and not scouting. Because, apparently, you can assign CV planes to scouting, you just lose them for the entirety of the battle!

Screenshots of the posts as attachments

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Enioch.
    Nat
    Participant

The FAQ is whats been said here and on the FB page…but focused on what has been released (ie the rules manual currently)… which is why theres some things (the Agano class cruisers traits* for example) that arent in it…

Now by Matts own admission the ability to put flights to scout is in the main rulebook and not in the QSR….and goes against what the QSR says on pg 19:

oberversation flights “These aircraft travel on board ships that have the Aircraft trait”

Having said that, thank you for bring it to my attention..

*The card give the traits of Torpedo belt 2& armoured deck, the beta agile….

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Nat.
    Nat
    Participant

Sorry thought I’d posted this already… its version 1.2

Enioch
    Participant

Thanks Nat.

Would you have a quote on the Devastating rule change? I would need to give supporting evidence to my players.

Enioch
    Participant

@Nat, ruling by Matt in DakkaDakka forums (htt–ps://www.dakk–adakka.–com/dakka–forum/posts/list/120/786189.page#11002068) (so help me, I will keep smashing up links until the automod on these forums is fixed):

My question:
    First and foremost – how do Devastating criticals work? The rules state that a critical is <i>scored</i> on a 5 or a 6 with Dev weapons, and previous wording in the starter rules seems to imply that criticals are not ‘scored’ until after confirmation. Does this mean that Devastating weapons bypass the confirmation stage, or do we still need a 4+ on a confirmation die to get the crit?

Matt’s answer:

Do not confirm, they are automatic. Devastating attacks are devastating.

Devastating 5 or 6 autocrits

Nat
    Participant

<swaring>  conflicting ‘confirmations’ oh how stuff works depending on when, where & who you ask!

:@

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.