vehicle Sd.Kfz 251/4…error the Warlord

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action vehicle Sd.Kfz 251/4…error the Warlord

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cornet
    Participant

the German vehicle Sd.Kfz 251/4 of the supplement “western desert” does not exist and it cannot be represented with the regles botl action
    -the bolt model does not have the “tow” rule but is not open(so closed roof)
    -the real 251/4 is a hanomag, transport 7 men, towing capacity, open roofthe only shielded with closed roof are the Sd.Kfz 250 (model 252 and 253) but do not have MMG’s or carrying capacity and especially it is not 251

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by cornet.
    invisible officer
    Participant

Hmmm, the 251/4 entry in Western desert describes the 251/4
    l IG carrier, a towing vehicle for the 7,5 cm Leichtes Infanteriegeschütz. In later war replaced with 251/9 with on board 7,5 cm KwK L/24.

Yes, it had 7 men capacity, Crew + gun Crew. I see no note that it is closed. Just no note; Open top, but that is normal for SdKfz 251.

The gun crew and gun are a seperate model in BA, not included in the vehicle cost.

It has special rules for such a gun and amo vehicle. I guess they thougt that tow is obvious and forgot to enter it.

I fact historically nearly all SdKfz 250 and 251 had a towing hook.

Attachments:
    cornet
    Participant

for sd.kfz 250 and 251, there is the open-topped rule. Those who do not have a roof over their heads.
    so I think warlord forgot
    -TOW and OPEN-TOPPED on the 251/4
    So a Sd.Kfz 251 with closed compartment,MMG door and no towing option:
    which makes it a vehicle that doesn’t exist…..

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by cornet.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.