Torpedos hit that bad?

Home Forums Historical Victory At Sea Torpedos hit that bad?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Franz
    Participant

Hello guys,

I have 2 questions:

1) If I’m trying to hit a Ship e.g. with the Prinz Eugen with Torpedos  at extreme Range (10″ only) I have to roll a impossible 8+ (4 + ‘2’ (extreme Range) + ‘2’ (Torpedo Attack))

So I only get a slight chance to hit if I fire at short Range (5″) by rolling a 6+ (4  + ‘2’ (Torpedo Attack))

Correct?

2) In the FAQ is stated that Torpedos can do over the horizon attacks which are at distances of > 30″.

How is that possible with these short Ranges of Torpedos?

Greets Franz

Enioch
    Participant

1) If I’m trying to hit a Ship e.g. with the Prinz Eugen with Torpedos at extreme Range (10″ only) I have to roll a impossible 8+ (4 + ‘2’ (extreme Range) + ‘2’ (Torpedo Attack))

So I only get a slight chance to hit if I fire at short Range (5″) by rolling a 6+ (4 + ‘2’ (Torpedo Attack))

Correct?

Yes.

2) In the FAQ is stated that Torpedos can do over the horizon attacks which are at distances of > 30″.

How is that possible with these short Ranges of Torpedos?

Greets Franz

It isn’t. To do a Beyond the Horizon attack with a torpedo, you need a torpedo that has >30″ range. The only torpedoes in the game that currently fit the bill are the Japanese Type 93s (32″ range), which are, as you can tell, unavailable to the Kriegsmarine.

Franz
    Participant

Thx for the swift answer Enioch

Nat
    Participant

There are occassions where you can hit at extreme range with a torpedo….

when you are in the ‘large shilloute’ of the target & the target is stationary or you are using a T4 torpedo (KM – only available on Uboats after 1944)

You’ll also notice that trying to hit a fast moving destroyer is pretty much always impossible with torpedos (-1 for being a destroyer & -1 for going more than 6″)..

Franz
    Participant

Got you

thx Nat

Greg S
    Participant

It is lways better to try for the beam of a ship, of course that is where the torpedo belt will be.

And they might be hard to hit with, but they can do a whole heck of a lot of damage.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.