Thoughts on German Super Tanks

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Thoughts on German Super Tanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Enquiring_Mind
    Participant

OK, so I’m aware of the irony, in my last forum entry I wasn’t too happy about the expense around Tiger II tanks and now I’m talking about even bigger and probably more expensive tank designs….

I’ve currently got a 1:56 model of a Panzer VII Löwe. I’m also about to put in an order for a 1:56 model of an E-50 Standardpanzer, this is unfortunately going to be delayed as the owner of the company is a key worker so he can’t spend much time on fulfilling orders right now…..

I enjoy building and painting these but I’d like to see how they’d play on the battlefield.

I’m thinking about the profiles, this is where I’d like some sort of guidance from any of you guys!

The Löwe Tank has armour roughly equivalent to the Tiger II so probably should have a Damage Value of 11+. Although with that huge, highly sloped gun mantlet could it get the same armour rule as the IS-3?

It’s main gun probably would have been either a 105mm or 150mm so probably would be a super heavy tank gun with the same long-range rule from the Jagdtiger.

The E-50 is a bit more of a problem. Effectively it’s an evolved Panther with most likely the L71 88mm gun. The only problem is that in the current rules this would mean it was no different from a regular Panther’s L70 75mm gun. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Greg S
    Participant

There is a Kickstarter for  E100 tanks in 1/56.  They are monstrous machines.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1873378485/the-war-is-not-over-e-100-panzer-in-1-56/description

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.