Thematic Byzantine, Heavy Tagmata Kavallarioi

Home Forums Historical Hail Caesar Thematic Byzantine, Heavy Tagmata Kavallarioi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    D Hindley
    Participant

It has been in my dreams for years. To put together a Nikephorian/Macedonian Dynasty Byzantine Army. The why etc will become apparent as the story of expeditious hand and brush movements become more apparent. Suffice to say, for now, that it goes back to the early 2000’s and the games of Warhammer Ancient Battles we used to play with faithful devotion every week. It was Andrew Eason’s Thematic Byzantine army, stunningly and lovingly painted, which drew my eye then and ever since, I have craved such an army. Gripping Beast’s Black Friday sale made it an irresistible opportunity!

For more information and many more pictures of the individual miniatures and bases please feel free to pop over to my Just Add Water Blog here:

http://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.com/2023/01/thematic-byzantine-heavy-tagmata.html

Cheers

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by D Hindley.
    invisible officer
    Participant

Very nice work

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Gosh – those are stunning! Wonderful paintwork on those.  It is a very tempting army.  Was it this one that Phil B described as the ‘Rolls Royce of Byzantine armies’ in the WRG list book ? 🙂

D Hindley
    Participant

Thanks guys.

My WRG rule booklets are buried in the cupboard where they shall stay LOL. It hives me a headache just to think about those rules! 🙂

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Yes, I got in to wargaming just as WRG 6th came out.  This was the era of Javelin, Dart and Heavy Throwing Weapon combos.  I can remember Byzantines having all sorts of cool kit with integral archers in units and loads of armour.  They seemed very cool to teenage me, so I’m not sure why I never collected them.  It may have been becuase I couldn’t find out much about them other than the WRG lists!

D Hindley
    Participant

FYI, you are almost certainly already aware; Crusader do a range of Thematic Byzantines too.

I can certainly understand your desire to get stuck into the army. They are definitely one of the most interesting looking armies out there.

I’ve got a Justinian army too which is still only half complete! LOL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.