the 'different' German list

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action the 'different' German list

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Felix
    Participant

Hey forum people,

there will be a small tournament in the area soon, its a casual event, i think, so im trying to come up with a new german list. We have new players joining so i dont want to murder them into the ground. I want something thematic, not terribly overpowered and both fun to look at and to play with/against.

setting is a de-escalation. 1000, 750, 500 points per round. missions presented at round start, with custom special objectives. from what i understand the 500pt list shall be built first and the other ones subsequentially building on the first. 2 platoons, 16orders max, no special characters, pz4 does not have tigerfear.
    Here i am looking at my ideas for the 1k list and deconstruct it lateron.

The two lists i have in mind both revolve around my german core army, the 7th panzer division in France / Fall Gelb (early war).

List A: 7th Panzer
    25th Panzer Regiment (tank platoon) + 37th Panzer Reconnaissance Battalion (tank platoon)

reg. Pz4 A + command
    reg. Pz3 C
    reg. Pz1
    reg. Pz38(t)

reg. SdKfz 231 + command
    reg. Motorbike/sidecar
    reg. Motorbike/sidecar

7 reg. infantry + LMG + SMG
    reg. Truck + MMG
    7 reg. infantry + LMG + SMG
    reg. Truck + MMG

999points / 11 orders

Thoughts:
    Focal point is pretty easy to see i think: bring up a broad variety of common early war vehicles in a big, loud lightshow. This list skips most powerhouse units (except for the panzer 1) while giving a big variety of early war vehicles to play with and look at (all fully customized & painted to high standard – no panzer 2 because mine is not built/painted yet) and stays within theme, using all period gear and keeping all elements mounted like a real attack formation.
    CON: My experience with tank platoons is pretty one-sided. they are VERY strong in regular play. Whilst this list stays away from flamethrower spam or known beast tanks (again, except for pz1 and maybe the krads) i dont want to ruin opponents fun. To be noted is that this list clearly isnt a hardcore tank platoon (unlike the DAK tank platoon i got), as a single medium on medium tank can combat my whole army pretty easily, having 2 light ATs and 1 light howitzer as only defense. An enemy all-infantry platoon may struggle, though i doubt anyone would roll that out without spamming fausts, bazookas, dogs or at rifles like the madmen i get to play with..

List B: Tip Of The Spear / Panzeraufklärungsabteilung 37
    1. Kompanie (reinforced selector) + 2. Kompanie (reinforced selector)

reg. 2. Leutenant + 1 man

7 reg. Kradschuetzen + 2 SMG (no bikes)
    reg. LMG34 Squad
    6 vet. Spaehtruppen + SMG

reg. Motorbike/sidecar
    reg. Panzer 1
    reg. Truck + MMG

reg. 2. Leutenant + 1 man

7 reg. Kradschuetzen + 2 SMG (no bikes)
    reg. LMG34 Squad
    6 vet. Spaehtruppen + SMG

reg. SdKfz 231
    reg. Panzer 4 A
    reg. Truck + MMG

999points / 14 orders

Thoughts:
    This list revolves around the most forward elements of the tank division in France. I kept away from Pioniers taking the assault role, no flamethrowers or big amounts of assault weapons (cannot take them outside of Pioniers) or bulk veterans (cant take kradschuetzen as vets). The idea is combining highly mobile scout elements with the first tanks pulling up behind them and taking the fight to them.
    CON: much in flavor of the historic backdrop this list lacks pretty much all AT. This is NOT a themed event, so there will undoubtedly be much medium and even some heavy armor. 1 light howitzer and 1 light autocannnon is all i got. also playing an all out assault list with largely regular troops and hardly any assault weapons / no flamethrowers is more than senseless from a competitive standing. this list may simply be no good at anything but fighting light infantry at mid range and maybe a little frustrating to use when facing a sherman and more conventional spreads utilizing artillery and flamethrowers against me. did i mention all my boys are sitting in trucks, so i have pretty much no support weapons besides the pz4 at all? 😀

Thats my two list ideas that i think could be fun to play with and against. Let me know what you think!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Felix.
    invisible officer
    Participant

A good game list.

——————

Well, the historian gets that dirty grin. Mixing IV, III, I and 38(t) in a platoon…….. 😉

The 7th got in spring 1940 the 38 (t) as replacement for I and II , a clear improvement.

You will not find I – IV in one Company in 39, IV served in mittlere Kompanie type, I and II in Leichte.

Felix
    Participant

Thank you, yeah i might just bring both lists to the tourney and see what everyone else brought and chose the more ample list. or have the TO tell me what he thinks be more adequate.

I know, the 7th actually didnt have any pz3 in france at all, the idea is more to play a gamey game and show off all kinds of different vehicles. hence the lightshow of early war machinery. having 5 of the pz38t would be way more accurate, but both more boring to play and to see for the casual/less historical bulk of the group here. I appreciate your input and of course you’re right, mixed platoons wouldnt happen except i think some units mixing pz1 and 2’s!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.