The Bloody Clash at Lutzen – again

Home Forums Historical Pike & Shotte The Bloody Clash at Lutzen – again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Charge The Guns
    Participant

The Friends of General Haig (FOGH) put on a Lutzen 1632 game of Pike and Shotte at this year’s Warlord Games Open Day.

We managed to run through the game to a conclusion, with visitors participating for a turn or two between the other activities going on throughout the day. The game was slightly reduced in size from the game we ran at Salute this year to make it more playable for participants, and to ensure we got a finish in a single day. Once again it was a very closely fought game. It looked like the game was up for the Imperial forces when Pappenheim and his reinforcements were delayed in their arrival. However, they managed to cling on, and then there was a very bloody clash when Pappenheim did arrive.

It was the Swedes that lost the game of attrition, and both their wings of cavalry broke at the end of the day giving the battle honours to the Imperial forces. Unlike the real battle, Gustav survived (again!), and Pappenheim also avoided his mortal wound.

The open day was a great event with a myriad of new games and figures on display. Our thanks to all of the people who stopped by to chat and play, and also to the fabulous Warlorders themselves for looking after us all.

For more details and lots of pictures see the Via Regia blog post

https://theviaregia.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-bloody-clash-at-lutzen-again.html

invisible officer
    Participant

Sounds like a lot of fun, well done.

We had Wacken here that Weekend, heavy metal, Sabaton. Breitenfeld……….. Ideal back Music for TYW game.

Or Cembalo barock.

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Thanks, IO 👍🏻

Yes, Sabaton would be a very appropriate backing track! I should try this and the Cembalo barock and see which changes player behaviour the most 😉

Corso
    Participant

Simply awesome – well done indeed! 😀

Any plans for the next one?

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Thanks, Corso!

I think I’m going to build a 1620s Polish force next and expand my Swedes to fight them. Not sure which of the 1620s engagements to target yet. Probably Dirschau / Tczew.

(Also being tempted by something Bolt Action and something Black Powder. We’ll see which wins! 😎)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.