The 7.5cm Le.ig 18 (German Light Artillery)

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action The 7.5cm Le.ig 18 (German Light Artillery)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jan Doernte
    Participant

I would like to take some time and wax poetical about the value to the German army player of always fielding this unit.

A HE- light artillery with a gun shield- (60 pts gets you 3 crewmen with a damage rating of 6+)

Low cost -“bang for your buck”, perfect for getting those enemy squads hunkering in buildings running, and perfect for offensive pressure- working in tandem with an assault (smg) squad,
    or on the defensive- with a MMG team defending a road, or field. I find the “no spotter” defect rarely an issue

Whenever I read about German units actually in the field during WW2- almost EVERY time there are Le.ig 18s (Leichtes Infantriegeschutzes- “Light Infantry Cannons”) involved.
    The “real” german army fielded quite a few of these nifty guys!

If you need a heavy AT- or something more substantial- I get it- you would not consider it-

but if you need to be economical
    (which is almost always a thing for a German army player)
    I recommend using this unit- if you’re not doing so already!

invisible officer
    Participant

Well, every German infantry Regiment had a company of infantry guns. It was the number 13 with 2x 15 cm sIG and 6x 7,5 cm Le IG

2 guns forming a platoon.

These IG gave the infantry regiment an integral direct fire option The 15 cm penetrated 160 mm armor with the AT grenade, the 7,5 cm 90 mm.

Each bataillon had the MG company that had tripod MG and 8 cm mortars. The IG had a bigger range and fired more accurate than mortars.

The numbers…. The Bataillon had 3 infantry companies and the MG one. The regiment normally gave a 2 gun 7,5 cm platoon to them, so not even one per company.
    😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.