Shooting with the Wirbelwind?

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Shooting with the Wirbelwind?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    domsto
    Participant

How does the Pins work if i shoot with the Wirbelwind and his 4 light Auto cannons and i chose the HE Ammunition?
    Does the Target Units only suffer 1 D2 Pins from the HE shells or 4 D2 because i shoot 4 Cannons at the same time?
    And what if the Target is a Veteran Vehicle? Does it ignore the Pins if the HE can’t damage it?

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

1x D2 pins no matter how many hits you get – see p70, Weapons, Weapon Special Rules, HE (High Explosive), Multiple HE Hits, second para.

Yes, a veteran vehicle will ignore the pins if it can’t damage it – there is no exception for HE.

Michał Krzemiński
    Participant

I’ll add another question here.

Wirbelwind scores 8 HE hits on a 12 men squad. What is the maximum amount of wounds this squad can get if all the men were covered by at least 1 template?

After reading the P.70 entry I assume that this is 12 but I just want to be sure as the entry for the vehicle says that it has 4 light auto-cannons (e.g. 4 weapons) but since they are mounted in one place I assume that all hits done by this thing count as a single weapon and not 4 separate ones (as in the answer regarding pins above).

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

If you can touch all you can hit all.

They’re treated as one weapon mount so if you hit with all 8 shots, you have a single clump (or string) of 8×1″ templates that you can try to cover the whole unit with – unless he’s bunched them up, you’re going to be lucky to get more than 4 or 5.

Michał Krzemiński
    Participant

Well, I play Russian so I’m on the receiving end 😉 Thanks.

Yuriy
    Participant

My friend, 3 yours anti-tank rifles (which you “must” take on formats from 1000pts) will intimidate this open-topped anti-aircraft gun to death.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.