Setting up observer/sniper

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Setting up observer/sniper

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Antonio
    Participant

Hi All
    One question about the rule of settings observers/snipers.
    This is what is expected:

“……Note that if you don’t have a specific set-up zone, or a specific ‘half of the table’, they can be deployed anywhere on the table that is outside the enemy set-up zone and more than 12” from any enemy…..”

If I have a setup area, must (if the player want) they be placed in this area, correct?
    If I don’t have a setup area but a half of the field, they must (if the player want) be placed in the half of the field?
    If I don’t have both, then anywhere on the field (if the player want), correct?

Is this the exact order to be respected?

Thanks

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

“If I have a setup area, must (if the player want) they be placed in this area, correct?”

No, If you have a setup area, they can be set up anywhere in your half of the table that is not within 12″ of a previously deployed enemy unit. The whole point of their special deployment rule is that it allows you to deploy forward of your normal setup area.

“If I don’t have a setup area but a half of the field, they must (if the player want) be placed in the half of the field?”

Yes, with the usual requirement to be at least 12″ away from any previously deployed enemy units.

“If I don’t have both, then anywhere on the field (if the player want), correct?”

Nearly correct – anywhere on the field that is not within 12″ of the enemy set up area (if he has one) or a previously deployed enemy unit.

Antonio
    Participant

Thanks Stuart

Antonio
    Participant

But… 🙂
    …how then do we consider the rule of preliminary bombardment that applies only to the units positioned in the setup area?

“…to see how effective the bombardment is, roll a die for each unit in the enemy set-up zone at the start of the game….”

The united outside would be immune?

Thanks

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

Units outside the set up area would be immune.

The only selector I can find with a prep bombardment and no clearly defined “set up zone” for the side on the receiving end is sectors, in which the players choose opposing quarters to deploy their units – effectively their set up zones even though they don’t use those words. They probably don’t label particular quarters as set up zones in the diagram because players have to choose them – it’s not pre-defined.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.