Scratch Building Question ?

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Scratch Building Question ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gareth
    Participant

I seem to be doing a lot scratch building these days and want to do large project in foam card with a lot of windows. It works out cheaper to get the windows cut bespoke on mass than buying them individually from various online sites. My question is what size is acceptable for windows in houses for Bolt Action ? I intend to get 6 pane windows laser cut in mdf(French Normandy window style).

I have been looking around and many of the ready made laser buildings have windows that look way to small to me(roughly 1.2cm x 3cm) and I find 1/48 scale window of 2cm x 3.5 cm better looking ?

These windows look better to the eye ?

Windows

Gareth
    Participant

Can anybody tell me what the dimensions are on the windows of some of the Warlord games ready made stuff ?

Would be helpful thx.

Richard
    Participant

Laser cut windows do provide a nice finish to buildings. I generally make mine from 1mm MDF in several layers, inner and outer frame and sometimes glass panes.

Gareth
    Participant

Very nice work sir 🙂

harryb
    Participant

We did a Russian factory from scratch 5ft x3ft and put 3d printed windows to go into it. (See Glasgow Warhogs blog). One for each side and clear plastic in between. Then burst a few. I dont actually agree that you cannot play with approved windows – if the look realistic to the buildings and scale – i use them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.