Schooners , sloops,etc…

Home Forums Historical Black Seas Schooners , sloops,etc…

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Steven Gusky
    Participant

Hello does anybody know if Warlord will be coming out with a smaller ships? I really want to do the battle of Lake Erie and the Brigs are the largest ships on the table
    I am specifically looking for schooners and Sloops

Thanks in advance if anybody has an answer
    Steve

Peter Grizzell
    Participant

Until Warlord do produce some smaller ships take a look at Peter Pig’s “Pirate Ships” range. They are supposed to be 1/450 but sit quite happily alongside the Warlord ships.

Steve Burt
    Participant

You can get schooners, sloops, gunboats, shore defences etc all in 1:700 for very reasonable prices here:
    https://www.hagen-miniatures.de/tabletop-schiffe/napoleonische-epoche/schiffe/?page=2

It’s in German, but I’m sure you can all manage

invisible officer
    Participant

There are a few ranges that do the special small Great lake types built for the area. But Forum rules do not allow naming or linking.

Many early Lake vessels had no bulwarks but rails on open sides Like General Hunter or Earl of Moira. So not many high sea vessels fit for early time.

The range misses too many high sea ones for mainstream games. So I doubt that Warlord will do suitable models soon.

But in 1/700 scratch building would be easy.

Gary Grimes
    Participant

I won’t repeat the name of the supplier who’s link is provided above by Steve Burt but their ships are very nice. Also, they provide ships that Warlord Games doesn’t provide so in my opinion are not a direct competitor to Warlord but rather compliment their line of ships. I know that despite buying five of their ships, it hasn’t slowed me from collecting 42+ Warlord Games ships.

Bruce Scott
    Participant

The Brigs are really easy to convert too, particularly if you have some leftover parts from frigates. Cut out the middle section to make a small sloop; extend the stern with a spare frigate stern piece and add the leftover mast from above for a bark or 6th rate frigate!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Bruce Scott.
    Attachments:
    Lt. Greensword
    Participant

I have used a Brig hull with some spare frigate masts (much chopped about to create a large privateer such as the American 18 gun Prince de Neufchatel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.