Russian T28?

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Russian T28?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Darin
    Participant

I have done some research on this vehicle, from what I can find there was a standard mmg in the rear of the turret. The AAmg was an optional weapon and not standard issue. Am I way off base here and missing something?

If this is the case the point values wouldn’t change but the AAmg line would become a turret rear mmg. An additional line would be added allowing a AAmg to be added for 15pts.

Nat
    Participant

Depends on where and what research you do… I mean a number of contradictions exist, also with differing models being manufactured over the life time of the tank (any tank) its a case of which model have they (WL) based the generic game play version on?

So yeah… there are a few cases where the WL author has said these things are different but close enough in game play that we’ve made it a single entry..

Yuriy
    Participant

T-28 modifications can be divided into 3 types (for weaponry):

1) (first version)
    – KT-28 cannon,
    – DT machine gun in the main turret, directed in the same direction as the main gun (not co-axial, the tank commander fired from this machine gun),
    – DT machine gun in the rear of the turret (stern machine gun),
    – 2 DT turret guns in the machine gun turrets with sectors forward and left and forward and right respectively.

2) (after 1938)
    – L-10 cannon,
    – DT machine gun in the main turret, directed in the same direction as the main gun (not co-axial, the tank commander fired from this machine gun),
    – 2 turret gun machine guns DT in the machine gun turrets with sectors ahead and to the left and forward and to the right respectively.

3) (latest version)
    – L-10 cannon,
    – 2 turret gun machine guns DT in the machine gun turrets with sectors ahead and to the left and forward and to the right respectively,
    – pintle-mounted AA machine gun DT on the roof of the main turret.

translating into game language:
    The KT-28 is a light howitzer,
    The L-10 is a medium anti-tank gun,
    DT machine gun is MMG (until 1934 the stern machine gun was LMG, then they replaced the method of attachment and this DT also became MMG, like the other machine guns).

that is, the gaming T-28 has the following gaps:
    1) instead of the non co-axial front turret machine gun has a co-axial MMG,
    2) there is no stern turret machine gun at all,
    3) the main gun and the anti-aircraft machine gun contradict each other, the main gun and the anti-aircraft machine gun contradict each other, there must be either a light howitzer without a АА machine gun, or a medium anti-tank gun with a АА machine gun.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Yuriy.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Yuriy.
    Richard
    Participant

I questioned the lack of rear turret MGS (As required by Viroshilov on all russian tnaks in the lat 30s I believe) years ago on the old forums an was told it would be fixed…still waiting…

T-26B also had a fixture for rear turret MGs, T-35 too.

AA should likewise be an option.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.