Rules Clarification – “Wakeless” and Deep Deployment Carriers

Home Forums Historical Victory At Sea Rules Clarification – “Wakeless” and Deep Deployment Carriers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TheArgyll
    Participant

Hello all,

Been a long time since I signed up for a forum, but I have been loving Victory at Sea and just received the new rulebook. It doesnt really elaborate on a point I noticed in the War in the Pacific rule set.

If I have a carrier in deep deployment, I can start with all the flights on the table. Once these flights have expended their payloads, can I return them to the carrier for refuel and rearming and what is the mechanism for doing so?

Secondly I have noticed some ship datacards in the new rulebook have torpedoes with the trait “wakeless” which I cannot find a description of anywhere. Can anyone from Warlord elaborate on this please?

Thanks!

Rob

Nat
    Participant

Not a warlord employee but I do help run the facebook group Victory at Sea Wardroom (unofficial) and try and help with questions… so here we go:

The option to put a carrier in deep deployment doesnt alter the number of flights you can deploy – source Matthew Sprange (author of the game), via the VaS wardroom

The ability to rearm on a off board carrier isnt allowed – source Matthew Sprange (author of the game), via the VaS wardroom

Wakeless is a weapon trait found in the submarine section, pg 63 to be exact…  The question on should all type 93 torpedeos have this rule has been sent to warlord (in theory the answer is yes!), but please resend it in (questions via info @ warlord games.com without the spaces )  Now as its not a ‘core’ rule they didnt put it on the cards they released with the 2 player set.  However to muddy the waters they also left some ships with the depth charge trait (found in the same place) but not all!

TheArgyll
    Participant

Thanks for the reply! As I am at work you wouldn’t be able to elaborate on what “wakeless” actually does?

Nat
    Participant

Lets you to ignore the re-roll hits from the evade order.

So yeah only does anything if your opponent uses the evade order :p

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Nat.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.