RMI MS CRDA

Home Forums Historical Cruel Seas RMI MS CRDA

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    arcole
    Participant

Just received the starter box and the RMI fleet box.

When I order these I did not realise that the Motosilurante CRDA was in the RMI list and is apparently an italien version of the E-Boats. I have not found any decent pictures of them yet, so the question is, can I use the S38/S100 from the starter box, and how much modification would I need to do on the hulls?

Thanks.

invisible officer
    Participant

The Italian MS ones are 6 m shorter than S 38. The model was the 1941 taken Yugo type, they followed Type S- S 5.

The Isotta engines caused a different surface structure-The Bridge was different too.

So I(O) would say, no. 😉

elcee
    Participant

The length might not be that noticeable on the tabletop, while i know 2 cm is alot at this scale.
    Its much more noticeable, that the German S-boats had a raised forecastle post S18, the yugoslav and italian boats had no raised forecastle.

invisible officer
    Participant

Some of the later war MS had a raised forecastle but the torpedo tubes got not encased (In all ???) . Unfortunately the known pics are often undated, so conversion date is a ?????
    May be done by the Germans on the ones finished by them.

—-
    Length, I just sold a German WW II made Schnellboot patriotic toy because it was much too short for the Bridge and bow section it had. I got a nice price because it had spring operated tubes. Firing Bakelit “plastic” torpedoes.

A strange mix between 1/200 and 1/350 elements. Nice as a joke in game (real Torpedo hits….) but the buyer wanted it so much……

arcole
    Participant

Thanks for the replies all

Andrew Brown
    Participant

Hi, with reference to the Italian MS boat I enclose the following diagrams and photos, which should give you an idea of what these boats look like. Hope it helps

arcole
    Participant

Thanks Andrew, those are great!

I have also found this: which, if I had a 3D printer would be good. One of those things I have been thinking about for a while, so now maybe the time to dip the toes in the water!

Regards

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by arcole.
    Dave Holden
    Participant

Heroics & Ros do an early S Boat which is shorter than the Warlord ones and looks pretty similar to these Italian ones.

arcole
    Participant

Hi Dave,

Thanks. I will look at them when their web site is back up!

Regards

A.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.