Question regarding City fighting assets.

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Question regarding City fighting assets.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pavel
    Participant

Godd day,
    the question is about soviet forces and assets rules.

According to soviet sp. rules you can take 1 full rifle squad with all amunition for free.
    2 big push attaker asset gives you free infantry unit identical to the cheapest one you have in the list.

So the question is do soviet recieve free additional rifle squad as it is free (0cost), or should the cost of this unit be calculated as for attrition rules in the faq and than compared to other infantry units?

Richard
    Participant

Hi Pavel,
    Where are you reading about an additional free unit?

pavel
    Participant

first free unit is from soviet army book
    second is taken as an attakers asset found it in fortress budapest

Jan Doernte
    Participant

The Fortress Budapest book has army lists that disallow the “Free unit” from the Soviet Army book.

The “Big Push” special rule- basically re-instates it- but with a slight variation that it is not inexperienced and armed only with rifles- but a 2nd unit identical to your cheapest infantry unit (if memory serves)

A Soviet player using “Big Push” and getting TWO free infantry squads is exactly the type of player I’d try to avoid playing against!! 🙂

pavel
    Participant

thanks for the answer , but can you clarify where it’s said that army lists in budapest don”t get/dissalow free unit? cause i thought that free unit is an army trait it doesnt depend on the platoon type. ? than in budapest germans dont get buzzsaw rule as its for general platoons?

Nat
    Participant

The selectors have a rule that stops the free unit…off top of my head it’s called something like at the sharp end

Basically says that what the selector is for is no place for inexperienced troops.

Can’t comment on the big push rule as I don’t have the Budapest book

pavel
    Participant

All,thanks for help .. found the rule…so the problem is only when we try to play missions with general platoons. That resolves the issue..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.