Plume markers

Home Forums Historical Cruel Seas Plume markers

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Could anyone advise the source of the plume markers used in the play through video please?

They look like they might be resin castings

Many thanks

Mike

Hydrox
    Participant

I believe those we’re made by Warlord. I recall them saying they would become available in the web store next year at some point.

The sculpts look good, but if you cannot wait, I think I’ve seen people make this style of marker with dense flocking foam. Just saturate in pva glue, build up the splash and hit with primer once dry.

nmcabecadas
    Participant

I made a few gluing some old sprue parts to make a structure, glued in a round disk cut from plasticard and covered with transparent silicone. Painted the base blue and added some white to the plume.

Attachments:
    Mike
    Participant

Thanks for the tips, I’ll have a go at making a few

nmcabecadas
    Participant

This is the basic structure, before the silicone was added.

Attachments:
    Big Al
    Participant

Sorry for resurrecting this one, but with regard to the plastic “plume” markers in the starter set – why are the bases marked from 1 to 12?
    Is this for something that was deemed unnecessary at the time of final playtesting or is it for some future update eg size of plume makes for easier targeting or some such?

John Stallard

Hi Big Al….the plumes are clear plastic variants of the bolt action suppression markers which you can move the dial around to show increase and decrease in “pins”..As they share the same tool as each other, but just differ in the colour of plastic, one simply ignores the numbers in the case of CS play..

cheers john stallard

we will of course be selling them separately in the new year

Bill McGill
    Participant

You could use the numbers to keep track of the number of plumes for each ship, having a single marker for each ship rather than multiple markers.

Big Al
    Participant

Ah, right. That explains it. Thanks for the response, John.

All the best!

Renko
    Participant

Plumes rules are “interesting” as they run counter to the historical evidence – ie lots of people shooting at the same target makes correction difficult so actually makes it harder to hit.

Which is a shame as it is visually quite a nice idea. I suppose you could say they make identification of a target easier, just unload into the area where everyone else is shooting, but in that case it should be thought of as MG & HMG tracer as well, which has the advantage of streamlining the rule by taking out the exceptions. Just a thought

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.