O Gauge Track

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action O Gauge Track

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gareth
    Participant

Has anybody tried Bolt Action with O gauge track and trains ? Reason I ask is that I saw a box of old O gauge track go for £25 at my local auction the other day and it looked kind of about the right scale, perhaps more like 1/48 scale ? I don’t mind if its not 100% exactly 1/56 just as long as its looks close enough.1/48 scale looks fine to me alongside 1/56.

Gareth
    Participant

Unless anybody has a picture I am tempted to pop down to the auction with a figure and take a photo to compare, trying to look semi normal lol.

Hmmm, the Sarissa train track looks to me about the same width so possible. Ok going down the auction tomorrow and seeing what the scale is like. I will report back.

Richard
    Participant

O Guage is 1:43 scale using european guage, but it’s 1:48 scale if it’s Russian broadgauge… BUT it looks HUGE next to 28mm minis.

US O Guage rolling stock is 1:48 so usually passable but UK 1:43 is visibly too large

Gareth
    Participant

Acceptable to me.

Gareth
    Participant

O gauge railway carriage on O gauge track with a 1/56 figure stood next to it.

Richard
    Participant

The car isn’t on it’s wheels though, it’ll do but it’s far from ideal for me.

Gareth
    Participant

It’s spares and repairs so it didn’t come with wheels. I will look out for some on flea bay and post another picture.

No pleasing some people lol

Richard
    Participant

Probably.

I’ve got O gauge track for my railway gun and MBV2 rail cruiser. It just looks too big to me, that’s all.

invisible officer
    Participant

It’s just a symbol like a building so scale is not so important. (Compared to game weapon ranges its enormous)

But I’m with Richard. His real world pic shows the man in relation to door and windows. The 28mm GI is a kid in comparison. 😉

But its still small compared to the idiotic Nazi Breitspurbahn project that was begun in Berlin in mid war by making room for the lanes. Gauge 3000 mm. (1524 mm was the wide Russian Breitspur)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.