Number of AFV in a Romanian platoon?

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Number of AFV in a Romanian platoon?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tim Haslam
    Participant

Sorry, just been a while since I played BA.

I’m using a late war Romanian theatre selector,
    Can I take,
    A Romanian tank,
    A German Tank as an Axis vehicle in Romanian service,
    AND a German tank as Axis Support.
    Thus 3 tanks in one army?

Thanks

Nat
    Participant

The selector will say how many tanks you can have in total per platoon irrespective of the source.

What you have listed is the 3 sources /types of tanks that you can taken NOT the amount you can take.

Also dont forget to check out the 2019 FAQ/Errata found here;

Tim Haslam
    Participant

It’s a little confusing,
    In that on the one hand I can take German tanks but not veteran but the theatre selector contradicts this by allowing a veteran tank?
    Which makes me think I’m allowed one each from the above list?
    A Rumanian tank, possibly a Tacam for example,
    Then a German vehicle but in German service, a P38t for example(this could be vet)
    Plus an allied actual German vehicle, anything as long as it’s not vet or better than 10+ armour?

This of course is quite hypothetical as fitting 3 tanks into a 1000pt list is a tight squeeze! Lol!

Nat
    Participant

Ok reading the ‘Onward to the Caucasus!’ Romanian Theater list on pg 94, plus the FAQ = confusion….

You can have 0-1 Tank from the list of Romanian tanks. which includes some German tanks in Romanian service, you then have a special rule which allows more tanks BUT the FAQ which cut the special rule down to the equal of that in the Tanks & Tank Destroyer list for the Hungarians hasn’t touched the Romanians…

So I would play it like this

You can have 0-1 tanks from the Tanks & Tank destroyer list including those in the Axis Vehicles .. rule

Then have the option to add a 2nd tank as per the Nation Special rules – Axis support.

Tim Haslam
    Participant

Ok, thanks Nat.
    Seems to make sense.
    Plus it’s more achievable in 1000pts!

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.