Next 17th Century Project – Dirschau/Tczew 1627

Home Forums Historical Pike & Shotte Next 17th Century Project – Dirschau/Tczew 1627

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Charge The Guns
    Participant

Like many wargamers I always seems to be planning the “next project”. With Lutzen 1632 done to satisfaction (for the moment) I have been working out which battle I want to do next. I wanted to keep the Swedish theme with Gustav Adolf, and move back in time, and further East, to look at his conflicts in the Baltic. Following some research I have decided on Dirschau/Tczew 1627 as the battle.

While I was reading up on the history of Gustav’s early career I was in tandem carrying out some experiments in figure painting, and terrain making, in preparation for the new project. These have included the new GW ‘wonder’ paints, new ways of colouring teddy-bear fur, and ways to represent marshland in fur.

My latest blog post runs through how I have got on so far with new paint, new fur and new research. You can see it here:

https://theviaregia.blogspot.com/2019/10/new-paint-new-fur-and-new-research.html

If you’ve come across any interesting information for this battle then I’d love to hear about it.

I’m obviously hoping that Warlord are going to bring out some more Renaissance Poles!

Corso
    Participant

Great start!

For contrast paint I suggest you use contrast medium with the dark colours like Wyldwood, otherwise they end up like normal paint. They are great to use, especially Blood Angels Red and Guilliman Flesh.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Corso.
    Charge The Guns
    Participant

Thanks, Corso! 😀

I have got some of the Contrast medium and agree that some of the colours need thinning with it to get a better effect. I am intrigued by the Blood Angle Red – will look out for a pot.

Rough Rider
    Participant

This looks to be another fantastic project. I may a try a teddy bear fur experiment in the future so I look forward to your results in that department.

invisible officer
    Participant

All the poor Teddy bears that have to go naked now. 😉

Another great project, very promising.

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Thanks, Rough Rider! It is very good fun so I highly recommend it. I will make sure I share things as I learn more.

Thanks also, IO! Many Teddy Bears are now ‘naked’ I’m afraid 😉

Stephen
    Participant

It is a great project and I am keen to see it progress! Of course the temptation to get some units of Hussars to help you is always a risk….😀

The marsh should look very effective on the fur.

Contrast paints….not getting on with them with my couple of attempts so far!

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Thanks, Stephen 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.