New Player Again!

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action New Player Again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Haskeer
    Participant

Hi all, newbie questions again!
    Firstly, my gaming buddy wants to start collecting an Australian army, but I’ve read that some tournaments only allow forces selected from “Armies of…” books. As they only appear in the New Guinea campaign book, will they be excluded?
    Secondly, I can’t find the reference at the moment, but recall reading that if you upgrade a tow vehicle with weapons it becomes classed as an armoured car. Can you do this if your selector has no armoured car slots? Again, as an example the Australian jungle division – arming a jeep would make it an armoured car but they have no slots for an armoured car.
    Thanks in advance,
    John

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

“As they only appear in the New Guinea campaign book, will they be excluded?” That depends entirely on the TO – as a list that only appears in a Campaign book, he may allow it or he may say no. It would be a good idea to have an alternate build that you can field using the AoGB lists counting special units like PIB squads as unit types that are available to you.

The rule you refer to is p153, Force Selection, Force Selection Rules, seventh para. “Can you do this if your selector has no armoured car slots?” Short answer – no. If it counts as something for selection, the selector needs to have a slot of that type for you to be able to take it in that selector.

Haskeer
    Participant

Thanks Stuart.Not sure my mate will be happy though!
    👍

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.