Need some guidance with HE shots

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Need some guidance with HE shots

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard
    Participant

Hello people,

Need some help understanding HE shots from tanks and AT guns against infantry only.

It says in the manual “A unit shot at by HE can react by taking an immediate down action in the usual manner”. I’m guessing this means if the unit being fired at with the HE round hasn’t yet made an action?

Then it says “Once the unit has gone down, roll to hit, place the template and determine the number of HE hits caused normally”

Now does this mean that once the unit goes down its +2 (unit is down) to hit and any other modifiers that might be present (example enemy is behind hard cover +2 and Anti Tank Gun firing HE Round is on a fire order) So the HE shot now is hitting on 7’s so 6’s then 6’s

Stuart Harrison
    Participant

“I’m guessing this means if the unit being fired at with the HE round hasn’t yet made an action?” Correct – this is just a reminder about the option to go down in the target reacts part of the shooting sequence (the usual manner). It is particularly relevant vs HE because of the ability to halve hits, so they didn’t want people to forget.

“Now does this mean that once the unit goes down its +2 (unit is down) to hit and any other modifiers that might be present (example enemy is behind hard cover +2 and Anti Tank Gun firing HE Round is on a fire order) So the HE shot now is hitting on 7’s so 6’s then 6’s” Again, correct. The target is Down when you’re considering the modifiers for the “to hit” roll, so it applies (unless you’re using indirect fire procedure when no modifiers apply, just the ranging in process – an option not available to the average AT gun).

Sounds like you’ve got it.

Richard
    Participant

Thanks Stuart. Glad to clear that up because it was bugging me if I had it correct

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.