Lucky Jack

Home Forums Historical Black Powder Lucky Jack

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Skaby
    Participant

Lucky Jack, the free miniature coming with the Black Powder 2 rulebook.

A really awesome miniature: fine and crisp details, easy to recognize Russel C. definitely one of the best miniatures from Warlord Games and not only Warlord Games.

…but…

Why so big? I did not measured it, but it seems to me likely a 32mm(!) miniature: no chance to integrate it with some other miniatures of my napoleonic ranges šŸ™

I will paint it as a stand alone for my showcase…

Dr Dave
    Participant

I checked, and people are not all the same height.

Jack is a big fella!

Skaby
    Participant

I checked, and people are not all the same height.

Jack is a big fella!

…about 8 foot and 3 inches…

I measured it yesterday: it is 33mm at the eyes… russian pavlosk grenadiers (also from Warlord) reach him to the armpit… (measured without grenadier hat, with hat they reach him to the chin).

Charge The Guns
    Participant

I reckon Aubrey would have been much bigger than a Pavlovski šŸ˜‰

Perhaps he is modelled to fit with the Doctor Who figures? They are quite tall.

Dr Dave
    Participant

Iā€™m in favour of figure size being proportional to a units or individual martial prowess. Hence a huge RN Officer is spot on.

Skaby
    Participant

Me too… a certain Mr. Wellesley said once Napoleon’s hat was 40.000 men worth… should we soon expect from Warlord a miniature from Boney in 28mm with a hat 6 foot square?
    šŸ˜‰

Dr Dave
    Participant

Yes he did say that. IIRC though he was referring to facing other continental foes. Arthur wasnā€™t fazed by hat size at all. At Waterloo Boney is best represented by a 6mm figure. Arthur by a 12ā€ to the foot scale figure.

Iā€™m off to measure my Lucky Jack.

invisible officer
    Participant

Most of the French officer’s size was the bicorne . šŸ˜‰

The size shrunk from the Napoleonic Monsters still worn around 1830 to the small ones used by navy in third republic.

Some worn by the army had been even bigger, like that Napoleonic Legers one owned by “her”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.