Love the model, but how does it perform?

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Love the model, but how does it perform?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Alan Evans
    Participant

I have just painted this marder 3. I love the model design but wondered if anyone actually uses one in the game? I have a puma which seems to have a host of advantages (minus the gun of course) for just a few points more.

demi_morgana
    Participant

I play only with models I like – no matter how crappy inthe field they might turn out 😉

Alan Evans
    Participant

Sorry, this was the picture I meant to upload

demi_morgana
    Participant

I’d definitely use it – looks supercool! 🙂

invisible officer
    Participant

If you play historically the Puma should only be used if you have a Panzer Division as Background. So with tanks and Panzergrenadiere. (And it was a rare one even with them, only very late war)

The Marder vehicles are the AT of infantry divisions.

So I have both for different games.

Alan Evans
    Participant

I like the idea of playing historically. I recently bought a box of pioneers, so no idea if any of them marry together!

Alan Hamilton
    Participant
      Sorry about the late reply. As said the Puma is only available to a very few units: the 234/2 Puma was distributed as follows:
      25 to 2 PzDiv.
      6 to 7 PzDiv.
      16 to 20 PzDiv.
      16 to 1 SS-PzDiv.
      25 to Pz. Lehr
      15 to WaPrüf (Waffenprüfstelle)

Makes a total of 103. Most books says 101 were built. So, these numbers come very close. Maybe WaPrüf has got 13 and not 15.

The Marder in its various forms was issued (1,736) far more widely. A book called “Through Hell for Hitler” by Henry Mettelman is a first hand account of the driver of a Marder III SdKfz 139 (the one in your picture) on the East Front with several scenario ideas.

Must Contain Minis
    Participant

That’s a nice looking model. Nice job painting it up.

Alan Evans
    Participant

Thanks for the replies. I will look out for that book. Thanks for the advice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.