Looking for French Flags for shoulder patch for Free French Army

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Looking for French Flags for shoulder patch for Free French Army

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    HellRaiser 7
    Participant

Hey Guys,

Looking for French Flags for shoulder patch and Helmet for Free French Army I am building. For my other Warlord miniatures, shoulder patches are about 2.5 mm or a little over 1/16 of an inch. Has anyone been able to find some or what scale decal  (like you would use for example 1/300 battleship miniature) would work also. I’ve looked everywhere and really don’t want to paint about 50 2.5mm flags. Lol, (I have 2,000 Epic Civil War Miniatures to paint too)

thanks Ed

Nigel Heather
    Participant

What did it look like – just a standard rectangular French tricolour, a different shape tricolour or did it have a Croix de Lorraine in the white centre section?

Cheers,

Nigel

HellRaiser 7
    Participant

Just the 3 Colored Rectangle Flag. During the invasion of 44, a lot of the Free French were wearing US Army Uniforms with the flag on the side of the helmet and the left shoulder.

Kar98k
    Participant

Combat Miniature offer water-slide decals for small vehicles and ships, and they do make some French stuff including a sheet with roundels and flags. The bigger flag might be too big for infantry, but the smaller flag is about 0.120″ and might work for you. Have a look at these:

HellRaiser 7
    Participant

Thanks Kar, coincidentally I found those exact decals from combat miniatures and I wrote them last night and asked the size of the flags. Good Call🤘😎

Ed

Haskeer
    Participant

If you have a PC and printer you can make your own using decal paper.

Theres some YouTube tutorials knocking about.

Sorry I can’t be more specific, it’s been a long time since I looked into it.

John

HellRaiser 7
    Participant

I thought about doing that. I heard some of the decal sheets don’t print out good. I need to find out then what’s a  Good brand decal sheet to get so I can make my own decals.
    thank you very much John, I’ll look into it

Ed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.